Medical tapes are used for fixing the dressings on the wounds. They mainly comprise of PE tape, silk tape, waterproof tape, and so on.
The major factors to the tapes’ adhesiveness are as follows:
1. Adhesiveness to materials. When we need the pressure sensitive tape to fix some medical materials (such as operation towel) on patient’s skin, it should stick to the materials’ surface firmly.
2. Adhesiveness to skin. The tape’s adhesiveness to skin should be moderate, rather than as strong as possible. Its suitability could be assessed by measuring the peel strength of the tape on skin.
3. Material and sterilization method. The product performance could be influenced by different sterilization methods in a slightly different way. So the material of the tape should match the sterilization method.
If the skin is allergic to the medical tapes, the guidance below can be used for getting rid of the itch.
1. Remove the tapes that you are allergic to.
2. Try to avoid any contact with medical tapes again.
3. Weather changes may have some impacts on the symptoms. You can take some medicines as per doctor’s advice.
4. Usually, the symptoms will disappear after a certain period of time with no medical treatment. If the skin gets edematous or festering, or other serious problems happened, please see the doctor immediately.
5. If it is allergic dermatitis, which is relevant to weather change, diet, immune system, try to avoid spicy foods, seafood, mutton and beef.
6. Use a bandage instead of the tape to treat the wounds.
Additionally, we also provide OEM service. The package and the logo on it are customizable.
Adhesive Tape | Plasters